Friday, August 29, 2008

I Am Now Official

Yesterday I finally took the time to go to the licensing commissioner's office and the DMV. I now have an Alabama driver's license in my wallat and an Alabama tag to go on my car! I had tried once to do it, but I didn't have the right paperwork. In fact yesterday I had to actually go twice because I still didn't have the right paperwork. But I finally finished the process. I am planning on going fishing with some friends on Saturday and the cost of an out-of-state fishing license is almost double that of an in-state license. So money was the final factor to force me to make the change. I still haven't put the new tag on my car - a little bit of laziness, but some reluctance as well. With the out-of-state tag, people are a little more forgiving when I make turning blunders (like going the wrong way down a one way street). I also have had the same New Hampshire license tag for 22 years! I know my tag number, in fact a lot of people had my tag number memorized. Now I am going to have to work on memorizing a new number.

One thing I do like about my new tag is that it says "God Bless America" on it and the American flag forms the background for the tag. I am so grateful to God for allowing me to be born and raised in America. I pray that He continues to bless America. I have not watched the Democratic National Convention because I do not align myself with their idealogy. But I still am so proud of our Country to be able to nominate a person of color to possibly be the next President of the United States. I am not going to vote for Senator Obama, not because of his skin color, but because of his idealogy. But I think Martin Luther King's dream was somewhat realized last evening. I applaud the Democratic Party for choosing Senator Obama as their candidate. It was an historic moment and may God continue to bless America.

No comments: