Saturday, August 30, 2008

Fishing

I went fishing this morning with Phyllis, Glen and Mike. I had a great time. Phyllis has a pontoon boat, so she took us out. She lives on Roberts' Bayou which eventually feeds into the Dog River. We actually fished in the Dog River.



This first picture is the Bayou behind Phyllis' house. Can you see the white Crane taking off from the water?








Glen is the one on the left and Mike is the one with the sunglasses. This is not a good picture of them, but I didn't tell them to look up, oh well. Glen is a deckhand on a Mississippi tug boat that pushes the barges up and down the River. Do you remember the barge that was hit last month and spilled fuel oil? Glen's company owned the barge. But it wasn't one he was working.




This is Phyllis. She had just caught the Croaker. We caught some Red Fish, but they have to be 14 inches long, and none of ours were that big. But we caught several Croakers. They actually "croak."











I know this Croaker did not look that big, but it was a keeper and I got a little bigger one later. They are apparently good eating, but I am not a big fish fan. Glen kept the fish.









We stopped for lunch at a place right where the Dog River dumps into Mobile Bay. I had a Shrimp salad. I was tired of feeding all the shrimp to the fish. So I ordered some for myself! The food was excellent. Phyllis had fried okra with her fried oyster po'boy sandwich (a very southern sandwich).







When Phyllis bit into one of her fried oysters, she bit something hard. She found this pearl. I thought that was pretty amazing.








I loved this spider's web that was in Phyllis' yard. It looked so perfect. That spider had an attention to detail.

No comments: